Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SharpTXGirl
Reel Rookie

Re: Sound drops when changing stations or apps

Model: 3820RW - steaming stick 4k

Serial Number: X01700EUV69J

Software Version 10.5.1  Build 4066-CU

Timestamp: 2021-12-28T23:09:08Z

Issue ID 9J-521-229

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jps2 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are seeing? Is your Roku device connected directly to the TV? Do you have any external audio products attached to your setup? Do you have any volume modes set on your device during playback?

In addition, can you provide us with the follow information as I've requested in my previous post:
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further. For more information about troubleshooting audio sync issues, visit our Support page here: How to adjust sound settings on your Roku® audio device

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jps2
Binge Watcher

My issues ae very much he same as others in the string of comments:

Turning the TV off then on fixes the problem until I press fast forward or it moves to another episode and then it cuts out again - you can see the consistancy of this in other posts No external speakers.  Again, when Roku is not being used, NetFlix and Amazon work fine just using the built in settings within the Visio TV.  It is only when using Roku that this cutting out occurs - saem as other posts. Roku is directly connected.I have no volume settings - it's on auto.  I'll try the tracker - was not successful the first time.  Again, my issues are very similiar to those of others and the timeframe for all of us is very recent.

0 Kudos
jps2
Binge Watcher

Got Tracker to work.  Was on Amazon - sound was fine. Went to another movie and lost the sound.  got the following when it occured (tracker)

Model: 4670X

Ser #: YJ0092834958  KW99998343958

SW 10.5.0

Build 4208-46

Time Stamp  2021-12-29T1800:572

ID 58-522-360

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your information.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tpage
Reel Rookie

Tracker info:

model- 4660X-roku ultra

SN- YJ003R092608 (CK3923092608)

Software- 10.5.0 build 4208-46

timestamp- 2021-12-29T17:45:23Z

issue ID- 08-522-345

0 Kudos
katiebobus
Channel Surfer

Anyone else's Roku nonresponsive as of this evening?

0 Kudos
jps2
Binge Watcher

Any update on the problem?  Let us know.

0 Kudos
18CGKCrosstrek
Channel Surfer

Hope they find a solution as I’m having the same issue. It started after my Roku updated to the latest update. I’ve tried restarting the roku, new HDMI cable and moving into to another port.  Irving has worked. 

0 Kudos

My sound drops when going into apps.  Tv works fine.   HELP

0 Kudos