Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Runnerchic
Reel Rookie

Re: Sound drops when changing stations or apps

So I have the issue when watching Netflix and Disney plus on roku. When we select a show in either platform there is no sound. When we turn it off or exit and go back we get sound back. Then when it switched to the next episode or another show we lose sound again. I did the tracking number 6N-018-803.
Model 3941X Roku 4k express. CA4C1723-63B2-4647-AC2C-2E77EF69F8D6.jpeg

0 Kudos
aimelihug
Reel Rookie

I've found that if I turn my Vizio TV on with it's own remote and then use the Roku remote, I don't have the sound issues. If I just use my Roku remote, the sound will drop and I have to turn the TV off and on again.

0 Kudos
GeneLilley
Channel Surfer

This happens to my Roku but only on Bally Sports app.  The volume is way lower than the other apps.

0 Kudos
Dheilmann1027
Reel Rookie

Same here with a Vizio TV!! Happens with a lot of apps notice it most with Netflix since that is what I use 

report tracker 

model: 3941x - Roku express 4K+
serial number : x01600EC5yxa

software version : 10.5.0 build 4208-cr

timestamp 2022-01-17t02:00:04z

issue Id xs-023-160

0 Kudos
Kimibrat

Re: Sound drops when watching movie on Prime Video

Just set up last night and all was fine. Started watching Unhunged on Prime Video when all at once the sound dropped. Bought 2 brand new devices and haven’t tried setting up the other. I did many of the troubleshooting suggestions..the audio settings, my Samsung tv audio settings, trying a different hdmi output…this one is just tv only…wifi through ATT U-verse, but no cable box…just the tv speakers. Notable when I did the reset, not once but twice, the audio test didn’t work as it had the first time. My Samsung tv is not a newer model…probably bought 6 or 7 years ago. I don’t see a s/n anywhere…it’s just the stick, remote and usb power cable. No HDMI cables involved. I’m so frustrated I already set up free trials and I’m losing days not being able to get audio. Ready to return both sets for a refund and cancel trials if this doesn’t get resolved within the next 24 hours. Btw, these were both bought on special in early December or maybe late November if that helps. Please, help!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Runnerchic
Reel Rookie

Hello. I just tried that. It did not help my issue. Another poster said they were turning the tv on and off through the tv remote and using the Roku remote for accessing content. For the most part, this has worked for us except once we didn’t have sound. Thanks 

0 Kudos
GeneLilley
Channel Surfer

That did NOT work

GeneLilley
Channel Surfer

As I stated before, the commercials are at a normal level, but as soon as the station goes back to the live game I'm watching the sounds decreases significantly

0 Kudos

same thing happens with my system

0 Kudos