Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srkak

Re: Sound cutting out periodically

This is so sad that roku is not taking this issue seriously. Why are CS people asking all those irrelavant questions? when so people are have same issue, i would escalate the issue to the highest levels, this might actually break the company. I will give this 3-4 more day and swap out my 4 roku devices with something else. very sad that a company at this level is not taking the critical customer issues seriously.

Costa1013
Reel Rookie

Re: Sound cutting out periodically

I have a brand new tv with Roku built in, sound goes in and out on every channel on every app. I have done sound reset factory reset unplugged I have absolutely nothing going in any input or anything connected to any sound output. It gets slightly better if I put sound on speech mode, but still does it about every 30 sec or so… please help

Roku Tv C232X

Hisense model 58R6+
serial number x00100x3sgv5

software ver 10.5.0 build 4210-94

hope this is enough info…

0 Kudos
Marlowe28
Reel Rookie

Replying to: StreamerUser re: sound cutting out when playing programs on cable

My Roku "Settings" doesn't have the "output" option. It just has menu volume, sound mode, volume mode,  speech clarity, and preferred language.

Am I looking in the wrong place? The model # is Model:65S435.

0 Kudos
Costa1013
Reel Rookie

Re: Replying to: StreamerUser re: sound cutting out when playing programs on cable

Where are you looking, when watching a Chanel push the * button there are sound settings there, also sound settings on Home Screen  go to settings then audio

0 Kudos
milchuck
Streaming Star

Re: Replying to: StreamerUser re: sound cutting out when playing programs on cable

I had this same sound cutting out issues that many others have had but hopefully some of you will have better luck dealing with Roku customer support than I have.  After spending a ton of time troubleshooting this issue Roku told me I could send mine back for a replacement.  They said when they received mine they would send me one back out within one business day.  They received mine back on Feb 25th (delivery confirmation) and now won't answer emails asking where my replacement is.  I would have at least expected a reply with a tracking number so I know it's on its way.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@milchuck

Thanks for the post.

It looks like our Support team is assisting you at this moment. If you need further assistance with your issue, we would recommend continuing to work with our Support team as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
milchuck
Streaming Star

After several attempts to contact support they finally got back to me and are sending me a new unit.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
gbwells
Reel Rookie

having the same issue.

I have a new roku ultimate (model 4800x), about a week old. i'm having issues with sound cutting out for a few seconds intermittently. at first, it was just hbo max. but then it started happening on other streams as well (apple tv, paramount plus). some streaming services have no issues (netflix, directv, AMC+).

i've replaced both HDMI cables (to the sound bar, then to the TV). but using the same cables before with my old amazon fire, there were no sound issues using those cables. 

when i listen through headphones off of my phone, the skipping doesn't happen.

my other roku ultimate does not have this issue. 

0 Kudos
milchuck
Streaming Star

My issue that I spend months troubleshooting was on an older 4640 and Roku finally replaced it and sent me a new 4660X2.  Not the newest model but newer than the one I had.  I've never had this sound problem since I swapped out units and never changed anything else (cords, inputs, etc) so I can only assume some of these units are faulty.  If I were you I'd push for Roku to exchange yours.

Pf2

Re: Sound cutting out or a green screen

All channels

0 Kudos