Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sound cutting out periodically

I have 5 Roku sticks and they all are experiencing intermittent loss of sound - I have read all the earlier comments and potential fixes and none have worked. Please address ASAP.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Plasticglobe21

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you tell us more about the issue you're experencing? Is it happening on a specific channel or all channels installed on your Roku devices? Please also let us know the troubleshooting steps you've done so we know what steps we should take next.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
CrimzonTide
Reel Rookie

I am also having the same issue. My issue happens on every channel and any show. I use Hulu, Paramount+, Disney+, VUDU, and Netflix. During all times of the day. The sound cuts out randomly for 1 second or 2.  I have swapped out my lan cable and HDMI cable. I purchased new cables as well with no luck on solving this issue. My internet is from ATT. I have fiber connection. As of 22 Dec 2021, my "Internet Download Speed" is 93 Mbps. This information was obtained from the setting section of the Roku. Below is my device information. I have provided sufficient information. Please help with a real solution. Thank you.

My device information is:

Roku Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra

Serial #: X01000S74SU4

Version: 10.5.0 build 4208-C2

Device ID: S02A21874SU4

I have read all your feedback answers to others having this issue.

Soundcuttingout
Reel Rookie

My recommendation  is to use another device. The Roku ultra I have isn’t worth the aggravation. It’s not a good product. The suggestion is to reboot, restart, eliminate other devices downloading. It’s garbage sorry to say. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@CrimzomTide

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide more information about the issue you are experiencing?

-how is the device connected? is it connected directly to the TV and do you have other audio devices connected in your setup
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CrimzonTide
Reel Rookie

My device is connected to my Samsungs TVs "one connect box." So it goes: TV connected to "one connect box" via samsung connector ARC, hdmi cable from "one connect box" to roku device, and an hdmi cable going from "one connect box" to samsung sound bar. I have removed the sound bar and used just the TV sound and issue still occurs. If I swap out my Roku device out and use my old Roku device (Roku Premiere+ model 4630X) the issue stops. I was thinking it may be a setting on the new device or software on the new device.

The issue report tracker info is:

Model: 4800x - Roku Ultra

Serial number: X01000S74SU4 (S02A21874SU4)

Software version: 10.5 0 - build 4208-C2

Timestamp: 2022-01-06T01:2:13:53Z (took a few extra seconds to actually get the issue report tracker to work)

Issue IS: U4-007-333

Cvoudouris
Reel Rookie

Roku, this person has given you a ton of information and there has been no reply in a month!  

I too have this issue when in private listening mode (headphones).  

The key fact I think you need to know is this never happened in my ultra device until my device automatically updated its software about 1 year ago. As said many times before, there is a bug in your software.  Please fix, it’s driving us crazy, and I for one have been a big fan of Roku, but this quality issue is ruining your reputation.

-Chris 

milchuck
Streaming Star

If you're running your Roku through an AV Receiver, some people have had success fixing the problem with their sound cutting out by turning off ARC/CEC and/or HDMI Control in their receiver settings.

0 Kudos
Innominate
Reel Rookie

I am having the sound cut out issue on 2 separate devices. It seems to be limited to watching hbo on directv stream. One device is a TCL roku tv. The other is a roku ultra connected to my Samsung one connect TV. I can screen mirror from my tablet running directv stream and there is no audio drop. So I'm assuming it is a roku problem. We have had the tv for 4 years and the audio problem just started a couple months ago. Also the audio seems to only drops out on live stream. If I record the same show, and watch the recording, audio does not drop out. 

Issue tracker

Model: 4640x roku ultra

Serial # yp000p394239 (7LC730494339)
Software 10.5.0 build 4208-29

Timestamp 2022-02-07T18:51:51Z

ISSUE ID 39-054-411

Cvoudouris
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately it did not work for me.

I have the Roku ultra plugged directly into my Aquos TV via HDMI cord.  Despite multiple hdmi cords and inputs being used, the private listening mode continues to cut out periodically.

-Chris