Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Sound but no streaming of video

I have the Roku player device attached to my tv and everything I watch is streaming. I watched basically all day yesterday and then one series ended and I went to watch the next one and when I clicked play, my screen turned a sold color with faint vertical lines and I could hear the show, but no picture.  I then tried a different show and same thing.  I exited to home and tried my cable tv app and it would show the channels but when I selected one same thing.  So basically any app I clicked on would load like it was going to play normally with icon up and sound but then just sound only and solid screen.  Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Sound but no streaming of video

I’m having the same issue. I have Comcast cable/internet. When I try to watch Hulu or Netflix all the launch items come up etc, but once I click to watch a show I can hear the audio, but no picture. What’s going on? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same here. Has anyone fixed this yet? I can see thumbnails and previews in all apps, but even the "Roku Tips & Tricks" app could not show me any video. But the sound works great.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Any fix here yet? ROKU why no response to hundreds of questions??? We watched it no problems yesterday now a cream color screened with sound but no picture.

0 Kudos