Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Sound but a black screen

why do I have sound and a black screen on my roku 3? I've installed this to my sister's TV while I am renting and it was working fine this last week? I do see some black forms on the screen.

6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Sound but a black screen

This just happened to me too. Is there a way to fix this kind of problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I just experienced the same thing. Not sure what to do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Had the same problem just now with a TCL Roku TV. Unplugged the tv from the power source and plugged it back in after about 45 seconds. Problem solved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just had our for a about 6 hours. Was working then picture faded to black. Unplug it came up with a black line across. Work for about a minute then faded back out. Is this a continues problem? If so I need to know. So I can take it back.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same here. Ive had my roku 43 ' tv for 5 months. Blacked screen with sound. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’ll be happy to help you all. The tv needs a system restart like a computer.   The way I did it was by going to the the settings, find System, then go to Guest Mode. Once you enter into the guess mode you will be signed out of your apps and tv will restart. After restart tv will work like normal. Sign back out of guess mode if you want to sign back into all of your apps. This tells me there’s a problem with an app and not the tv.

You all are welcome. -Sancho 

0 Kudos