Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonV

Re: Sound Keep Cutting Out

I've been having the same issue right out of the box totally unacceptable going to return the roku now and probably go with something different thank you roku for a  Terrible experience.

WilsonJ
Channel Surfer

It’s a software glitch. When you’re on any app just press the * button and make sure Sound Mode is off. That takes care of the issue. 

0 Kudos
CaaNav531
Channel Surfer

No, it’s happening across multiple ROKU devices whether direct input through TV or a sound bar/receiver.  Only fix is a restart.

CaaNav531
Channel Surfer

Yeah, I might just switch to the Firestick.

Bye2Bad_Service
Reel Rookie

My Roku Premium device just started having the sound cutting out issue at the beginning of March (2021).  I was worried that I was the only one and that there would be no fix because no one else is having this problem.  Needless to say, I'm super surprised that others have been having this problem for over 9 months now, and even more surprised that Roku hasn't responded to any of the post with a valid solution.

WOW!!!!... What a disappointment

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bye2Bad_Service

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps that other users have stated resolved their issue by checking to make sure Sound Modes are off when you press the * button during playback?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CaaNav531
Channel Surfer

It’s at least a once/wk occurrence for me across multiple devices.    

0 Kudos
Bye2Bad_Service
Reel Rookie

Yea Danny, the Sounds Modes are off...

What I've been doing so far, is just change from the station I'm watching and the sounds pops back in, then I go back to the station that I was watching before.

0 Kudos
krispyonion
Streaming Star

Hey there!

HDMI cables are notoriously finicky - at least one person earlier in the discussion discovered their cable had gone 'bad', and replacing it fixed the audio problem, and I've had no problems since switching to a spare cable.

Other people have had luck going into sound settings (not sound modes, but the actual settings) and manually setting their audio to PCM-Stereo instead of letting Roku try to auto detect it and get it wrong. (I'm guessing this is also finicky HDMI at work.)

Sorry it's not something more definite, but hope one or the other works for you!

huey23

Just curious, any of you using Samsung TVs? I recently connect a Streaming Stick+ to my Samsung Q6FN and the sound cuts out every few minutes since. Thought it may be something with the inputs, so i unplugged, but it's still impacting the TV's native apps. 

0 Kudos