Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasondecker
Reel Rookie

Re: Sound Keep Cutting Out

Recently just purchased roku ultra 2020 and having intermittent sound drops -varies on how often it happens but typically every 20-30 mins the sound will drop out briefly - lights will change on sound bar briefly then revert to normal. I’ve tried some of the troubleshooting tips on here - restarting,turning volume levelling off, adjusting various settings on the tv itself, checking for updates etc but nothing gets rid of the problem.

I have a vizio 65 inch with just the one 4k port so I run everything through a switch - I have never had any issues with the tv or sound or the switch itself and have run a variety of devices through it - cable box ps4 Nintendo switch etc.

Really disappointing. Spent good money on the roku. I doubt anyone has anything new to add but felt compelled to add my voice to this. Does roku customer service have anything to say?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jasondecker

Thanks for the post.

In order to try to isolate the issue, if you connect the Roku device directly to the TV, are you still experiencing the issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I have two Roku sticks, they were fine untill recently. Tried all the troubleshooting tips, still does it! Extremely frustrating and apparently not addressed by ruko! Getting fired ticks, thanks for nothing ruko!!

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @blackknight13,

We appreciate you posting in the Roku Community regarding your audio issues.

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? What specific troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

We also recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What should I do if I cannot see the video from my ... - Roku

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Many thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MPayne13
Reel Rookie

Currently experiencing the same issue. I've tried all the recommended troubleshooting and looking back at comments it seems to be a known issue with the Roku devices as several people have pointed out that it's not the TVs or the Cables,  is there a definitive fix yet?

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

I'm having a brand new problem as of June 9th 2021. My sound goes way down unless I put the leveling on and when I put that on the sound cuts out totally. So either I can't hear it or it chops off and on off and on with the leveling and night time on. I don't know why they have that feature on here when it's never worked.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MPayne13 @Imemine

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Is this happening on a specific channel? What are you doing when this issue occurs? What are the exact steps to replicate this issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

It happens on anything I'm watching. It just started. And it's when I go into my settings on my Roku and put the sound leveling on because when it's turned off my sound is so low I can't hear my TV. So when I put the leveling back on it brings it up louder but lately it cuts in and out or no sound at all

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Thanks for following up, @Imemine

Are you using an A/V receiver or soundbar with your TV/Roku player setup? If so, what is the make/model of that unit? In Settings > Audio > Audio mode, what setting do you have selected? Does the same issue occur if you change the setting to Stereo, etc.?

Please let us know and we'll assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

I'm using nothing extra Sony TV Roku device and whenever I go in and change the sound leveling it cuts out like a bad jack on a stereo speaker. With all the crackling and everything it just started a couple days ago

0 Kudos