Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Sound Keep Cutting Out

Been doing it on Disney+ and Philo. I haven't tried any other platforms. Didn't seem reasonable to uninstall every single one and reload them all.

Highlighted
Level 9

Sound cuts out on all free stations too... 

Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having the same issue. The sound just goes out and it's on all platforms. The only fix so far is restarting the roku. 

Highlighted
Level 9

Do you mean cancelling a program and re-registering. 

Highlighted
Level 8

No. You can restart the Roku. 

Settings>System>System restart

You don't have to re-add/setup your channels. 

Highlighted
Level 8

I have tried something that seems to be working for the last 2 days: When using an app like Netflix, I pressed the * button and set the Volume Mode to Off. So far no problems,.. for now. I’ll post again in a day to update. 

Highlighted
Level 9

Using the TV remote or Roku remote?

Highlighted
Level 8

Use your Roku remote. The Roku is what needs to be restarted =) 

Highlighted
Level 9

What finally worked was to set Roku back to factory settings... then, unfortunately you have to start over.  But I found I did not loose any of my selected shows within the programs. Hopefully Roku corrects the problem. Now I’m going to see if there are any updated I may have missed.  Good luck! 

Highlighted
Level 7

I’ve been dealing with this too.  It started a couple months ago, and I noticed the Roku stick itself is very hot despite having free airflow around the device.  Not sure I want to invest in a replacement considering a family member had the same thing happen to their Roku device also.