Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ALASAT1

Re: Sound Keep Cutting Out

THANKS WILSON J. YOU NAILED IT.

I had my Roku on volume leveling to keep commercials from blowing me out of the chair and a few days ago I noticed the commercials started getting loud again. I checked and the volume leveling was turned off so I reactivated it that is whenever the crackling and cutting out audio started, your solution fixed the problem. Apparently someone at Roku disabled that function on customer units for some technical reason. MR. TECHNOLIX

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Imemine

Thanks for the information.

Please provide us the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

When I have my volume leveling on everything is louder including the TV shows. But lately it's been starting to crackle like you have a bad speaker wire. Whenever I report this I keep getting the same questions asked to me over and over again. I'd like to get a new Roku but then I lose my spectrum app and YouTube app don't know if I'm willing to do that. Might buy myself a fire stick even though I love my Roku. I'm just tired of the same things over and over again. I'm also tired of answering the same questions over and over again

Anonymous1
Channel Surfer

Hey Danny read the thread! The issue is pretty specific, the sound randomly cuts off on any ROKU device regardless of what  channel or app you are viewing! It is not ROKU customers job to trouble shoot the issue! In my case it is a new Roku TV with the Roku built in. Again ... The Audio randomly cuts out some times for a few seconds sometimes longer, regardless of channel! WTF would make that happen .. ROKU's job to figure out not the users! THANK YOU!

Anonymous1
Channel Surfer

Yup crackling and cutting out randomly regardless of channel or app on a brand New ROKU TV!

SteveA1
Reel Rookie

Get a copy of a TV show called Castle.  Season 7 Episode 10 (called Bad Santa).  Every single time that I play it the sound distortion starts at about 40 minutes in during a commercial.  HARD failure.  The problem is consistent and repeatable.

I hit the left arrow next to the OK button and it disappears.

If I don't do that, it stays cracking until the end of the episode.  When the next episode comes up (using AT&T cloud DVR), the cracking stops.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@SteveA1

Thanks for the post.

Does this issue only happen on this specific title, or does it happen on other content you are streaming? What channel are you watching this content?

If the issue you are experiencing is only on that title and specifically on that channel, it's possible that the issue will need to be looked at by the channel provider. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
zooman

I fixed the issue on my system you have to go into the sound settings of the Roku stick and take it off automatic and manually select what the output you want is.

0 Kudos
Marauder57

Sound Keep Cutting Out on a new 3811R stick

Same here. I bought a 3811R stick today.                               

I adjusted the sound to stereo rather than auto and it stopped cutting out.    

0 Kudos

Same but I have a #streambar. It looks like most use sticks. This is driving me bananas. I just tried restarting it. Hopefully that solves the issue but I have a feeling it won’t. It happens most with hulu but now it’s happening with discovery+. 

0 Kudos