Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nseidman

Re: Sound Keep Cutting Out

Roku, you need to get this fixed. And please respond and let us know what is going on.  This is clearly a Roku software issue.  

@cbarbagallo wrote:

All weekend the sound on my Roku keeps cutting out.  The fix is restarting the Roku. 

0 Kudos
martak

I hated the Firestick 

Ronlakhany

My Ruku Express is having the same issue. I have tried several different apps and they all seem to have the issue where the sound cuts off every so often. I have restarted the device several times but it continues to do it. One trick that gets it working without me getting out of bed is by going on to the Roku app, turning on private listening mode and then turning it off again. The sound comes right back. 

mattharra

I had to Factory Reset my Roku TV last week. Then again yesterday, and now again this morning. This is super annoying having to re-sign into everything 😓😫😤

You guys gotta fix this!!

0 Kudos
scguru
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem--but have not found the solution.

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Go through the whole thread and read the part regarding volume mode

0 Kudos
CaaNav531
Channel Surfer

Same here on ROKU ultra.  No rhyme or reason and completely random.  It usually occurs when switching apps, skipping intros, or fast forwardIng/rewinding shows.

0 Kudos
Steuen
Binge Watcher

I don't know that your issue is the same as mine, but here's what I did to make mine work.

My system - Roku stick on a Vizio TV (no external speakers or soundbar).

On the Roku stick menu, go to Settings -> Audio -> HDMI -> and set to PCM - Stereo. It appears that the audio HDMI auto detect routine has a defect in it where it fails to switch over after one or more of the states was selected. The Audio Mode setting did not make a difference. This means no Dolby output, but at least I have sound.

Hope it works for you while Roku find the bug and squashes it.

0 Kudos
Cyn1171

My two Roku Express are doing the same thing.  Don't know if it's better or worse that so many others are having the same exact issue, but at least I can eliminate my wifi connection.

0 Kudos
Realdine
Binge Watcher

Forcing pcm stereo in audio setting worked for me too.

0 Kudos