Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WilsonJ
Channel Surfer

Re: Sound Keep Cutting Out

Imemine

I feel your pain. Unfortunately it’s the only solution until Roku comes out with another update to undo the sound glitch the current one caused. But at least it works. It beats having to buy a whole new streaming device. 

Imemine
Roku Guru

6/18

Sound started cutting off again today. Happened twice in 20 minutes first time I exited out and came back in and sound was back. Second time I went into that volume mode switch it on and the sound popped back on. Then I turned it back off again. it does have something to do with that volume mode. So maybe instead of people rebooting the whole system when the sound goes off they could just try that volume mode.

Someone needs to notify Roku

0 Kudos
lokofor

I'm having the same problem with my Roku 3  

0 Kudos
lokofor

I was watching a program on Roku and the sound just cut out. I unplugged the power but it just kept on happening. I finally gave up on it and watched the program on my computer. This has happened a number of times. I can't find any settings on the Roku that will help me out. 

Imemine
Roku Guru

Read through this entire thread and see the suggestion that Wilson gave. his fix works. He even has some screenshots to help you

HamFan

Mine cuts out 1-3 words, ONLY during “Hamilton” on Disney +. Is yours similar?

WilsonJ
Channel Surfer

The problem will be solved if you follow the instructions I suggested previously in this thread, regardless if you’re watching Ham or not. I saw it this past weekend with no problems. 

krispyonion
Streaming Star

Just a heads-up to save folks some frustration: not all Roku models have Sound/Volume Mode, so this fix might not work for you.

Why a glitch tied to this feature shows up in models without it... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Busta
Reel Rookie

I started noticing this a few days ago. When i checked the system update, i noticed it last updated July 8, around the same time the problem started occurring. Ive owned my roku ultra for 3 years, this is the first time I'm getting these sound issues.

0 Kudos
Busta
Reel Rookie

Found the trouble. I had a bad hdmi cable. Replaced that and sound is good now. I never thought a cable could go bad if you didnt touch it.