Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbarbagallo
Streaming Star

Re: Sound Keep Cutting Out

Got some sort of software update.  Sound update issue persists.  Very annoying to have to reset my ROKU daily.

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Somebody on here told me to go into the settings and turn off that volume setting within Roku and since I did that I haven't had any problems you can probably look back up on the thread. he sent screenshots. Roku told me to get software updates but I don't think I have any updates

0 Kudos
Danielle35
Channel Surfer

There was an system update today, but that didn't fix the issue. I still had to restart because the sound cut out after a few episodes of something in was watching on HBO. I'd say the update did not fix anything. 

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Did you try to turn the volume mode off like WilsonJ said? Back up one page he took photos to show you

0 Kudos
Danielle35
Channel Surfer

That seems relative to the apps your streaming. I was not able to duplicate the menu from those screenshots. I've never known of a volume setting within the Roku settings. Either way the issue is still outstanding for me. I am researching a (non roku) replacement. 

0 Kudos
WilsonJ
Channel Surfer

Hey Danielle35,

Before you spend money on another streaming device you should try the solution I suggested before. You are correct that you have to be on an app. Any app will do as long as it gives you access to the volume mode. Once you turn off volume mode it affects ALL the apps. Essentially the whole Roku system. Try that and let me know. I haven’t had a problem since I turned mine off. 

0 Kudos
jolo5205
Reel Rookie

So frustrated by this. There are numerous threads with lots of people having this problem with no fix. Mine works for Netflix and YouTube tv. It goes out while watching Shudder and Disney plus. Customer service needs to do something about this. If not time to get a Chromecast!

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

It worked for me thank you Wilson

0 Kudos
WilsonJ
Channel Surfer

You’re welcome. I’m glad it worked for you. 

Imemine
Roku Guru

Wilson

one thing I have noticed since I turned off that volume mode is that the sound does fluctuate being super loud during the start of the show I have to turn it down but then I can't hear the voices and people speak. So there's a reason that they put that volume mode in there but it's too bad we can't use it. I'm afraid if I turn it on I'll lose the sound completely like before