Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joanzee
Binge Watcher

Re: Sound Keep Cutting Out

The stick is warm... resetting Roki back to Factory Settings did the trick. Had to start over, like when first connected 7-month’s ago...

0 Kudos
Joanzee
Binge Watcher

My TV can be on all day... listening to Pandora. Roku stick is warm, not hot to the touch.  Again... after resetting the Roku back to Factory Settings the problem went away. Just a had to enroll in APPs again... which took a little time... but worth having the TV/Roku running without the sound cutting out. 

0 Kudos
WilsonJ
Channel Surfer

It’s been almost a week since I troubleshot this issue with my Roku stick. For me, the sound mode was definitely the culprit. I pressed the * button when on an app and turned off (Leveling) on (Sound Mode.) So far I haven’t had any issues. But it’s disappointing I can’t use Sound Mode without it causing a problem. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Imemine
Roku Guru

The sound has completely cut off any Roku stations including Amazon Prime and the only way I can fix it is to restart the device it's happened to me twice in the last 3 days. That can't be the only fix. Any other ideas please

0 Kudos
WilsonJ
Channel Surfer

The way I solved the problem is pressing the star button and making sure that the Sound Mode is Off. I’ve had no problems since then.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Imemine
Roku Guru

Thank you I'll try that. Very much appreciated

0 Kudos
pletch11

I’m noticing that during playback (across all apps we’ve used: amazon, Netflix, Hulu, Disney+) the audio will stop then a few seconds later the video will freeze then a few seconds later it shuts off then restarts itself but back at home screen. When we return to the program and resume, it’s a few minutes behind where we left off. Can happen multiple times an evening. In Texas. I’ve checked WiFi and traded cords. 

Joanzee
Binge Watcher

I went back at reset to factory settings... registered in to all the programs i had. It’s a pain to have to redo but nothing else worked.  Sound not cutting out... 

0 Kudos
Joanzee
Binge Watcher

That didn’t work for me... resetting to Factory Setting did... it’s a pain to have to register for all programs again...  But seems to be working. 

0 Kudos
Joanzee
Binge Watcher

I had to go back to Factory Reset... enroll in all programs... so far it’s working. 

0 Kudos