Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skh
Channel Surfer

Re: Sound Keep Cutting Out

Been doing it on Disney+ and Philo. I haven't tried any other platforms. Didn't seem reasonable to uninstall every single one and reload them all.

Joanzee
Binge Watcher

Sound cuts out on all free stations too... 

jengee23

I'm having the same issue. The sound just goes out and it's on all platforms. The only fix so far is restarting the roku. 

Joanzee
Binge Watcher

Do you mean cancelling a program and re-registering. 

Danielle35
Channel Surfer

No. You can restart the Roku. 

Settings>System>System restart

You don't have to re-add/setup your channels. 

WilsonJ
Channel Surfer

I have tried something that seems to be working for the last 2 days: When using an app like Netflix, I pressed the * button and set the Volume Mode to Off. So far no problems,.. for now. I’ll post again in a day to update. 

Joanzee
Binge Watcher

Using the TV remote or Roku remote?

Danielle35
Channel Surfer

Use your Roku remote. The Roku is what needs to be restarted 😃 

Joanzee
Binge Watcher

What finally worked was to set Roku back to factory settings... then, unfortunately you have to start over.  But I found I did not loose any of my selected shows within the programs. Hopefully Roku corrects the problem. Now I’m going to see if there are any updated I may have missed.  Good luck! 

rasj81

I’ve been dealing with this too.  It started a couple months ago, and I noticed the Roku stick itself is very hot despite having free airflow around the device.  Not sure I want to invest in a replacement considering a family member had the same thing happen to their Roku device also.