Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlakeR98
Level 8

Sound Issues with Roku Express

Currently, I have an older roku express that I have been using for a year and a half. It has given me no problems until recently I was using it for a TV. It was working perfectly fine and then started to no longer have sound on the TV. When I reboot the roku, I can hear the normal sounds it plays but once it is in the menu, there is no sound. I have tried different HDMI ports and HDMi cord, restarting the roku, changing sound settings, clearing the cache, the works... still doesn't work. The craziest thing to me is when I plug the roku into my dbpower projector, it works perfectly fine. I don't know why these issues started up but I would like to resolve them.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BlakeR98
Level 8

Re: Sound Issues with Roku Express

There is no sound in channels or menu in Roku. TV is not muted and volume is up.

0 Kudos
WhiskyvsWine
Level 7

I am having the exact same problems with my roku express! 

0 Kudos
BlakeR98
Level 8

@WhiskyvsWine wrote:

I am having the exact same problems with my roku express! 

My issue ended up being my TV and it just needed a quick restart but after reading all around this seems like a common issue with the express

Patthekat
Level 8

I have had my Roku Express for over a couple of years now without a single issue, until the last week.  All of a sudden there was no sound only for some films and series on both Prime and Netflix.  It's inconsistent and frustrating and I've followed the directions about unplugging, restarting and yet no resolution. I even spoke to someone at Amazon about Prime but no solutions.  I know it's not my TV so I'm wondering if it's a glitch with the Express and it may need to be replaced.  I don't want to shell out money and still have the same problem.  Anyone with a solution like all of you who are encountering these issues?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos