Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikilet
Level 7

Something wrong with sound

I set up my Roku a short time back and have only watched it once or twice. Decided to watch a movie this afternoon and the sound is all crazy. I am not sure I can describe it. It's like the speech is being run through a warbling machine. I tried Netflix, Amazon Prime, Roku free TV and all of them are the same, so I assume it must be the Roku or a setting. I'm not very smart about this device but am hoping someone can help me. It worked fine when I watched it before.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Something wrong with sound

"Nikilet" wrote:
I set up my Roku a short time back and have only watched it once or twice. Decided to watch a movie this afternoon and the sound is all crazy. I am not sure I can describe it. It's like the speech is being run through a warbling machine. I tried Netflix, Amazon Prime, Roku free TV and all of them are the same, so I assume it must be the Roku or a setting. I'm not very smart about this device but am hoping someone can help me. It worked fine when I watched it before.

Which Roku? Include model number.

What software version? Include build.

Are you using a sound bar or other device apart from the TV built in speakers?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos