Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhyd
Reel Rookie

Re: Some Netflix shows have choppy playback on Ultra

I hope this is useful, but it may not be the news you wanted. I had this exact issue. However, I also had it with the Netflix app on non-Roku devices. Then a couple of months ago it completely resolved. If you have updated your Roku and still have the issue maybe the difference was a firmware update to my TVs (LG).

0 Kudos
ReidH
Reel Rookie

Thanks rhyd

Since my old 3600x does not have this frame skip problem I am returning the express 4k+ and just going for a new voice remote (the main button is dying on my old simple remote).

My Sony TV is more than a decade old, and Sony dropped support of their "smart box" several years ago; so no upgrades coming there.

Its funny how the older tech does not have problems the newer tech does.

0 Kudos
rhyd
Reel Rookie

fair enough Reid, I hope that solves it for you. I suspect the 3600x outputs a different fps and works better with your TV. As much as I hate to admit it, these kinds of compatibility issues are always adverts for Apple.

0 Kudos
Oshuayoung

I’m also having this problem all of a sudden with a Roku Ultra and a Samsung Frame 2021 TV. 

I’ve also had to stop using it for Netflix 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Oshuayoung

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos