Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
purplescreen
Level 7

So far they've turned my roku 2 into non useable, and now roku 1 is zoomed, and unuseable.

Now I have a 55" vizio, that none of their rca legacy boxes work on, cuz they turned them into bricks, and none of their hdmi junk wants to play on it's hdmi ports, cuz their 1.4 hdmi. This is really pissing me off. Now I have a 3, and 4 ultra, I can't even use on my biggest tv, cuz they turn the screen purple.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Boz
Level 11

Re: So far they've turned my roku 2 into non useable, and now roku 1 is zoomed, and unuseable.

@purplescreen wrote:

Now I have a 55" vizio, that none of their rca legacy boxes work on, cuz they turned them into bricks, and none of their hdmi junk wants to play on it's hdmi ports, cuz their 1.4 hdmi. This is really pissing me off. Now I have a 3, and 4 ultra, I can't even use on my biggest tv, cuz they turn the screen purple.

If you use the 3, and 4 ultra, on other TVs, do the screens turn purple?  If not, the problem is your TV, NOT the Roku devices.

Why are your "legacy boxes" "bricks"?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: So far they've turned my roku 2 into non useable, and now roku 1 is zoomed, and unuseable.

@purplescreen 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are experiencing a purple screen, then you are most likely running into a HDCP error.

For more information on how to troubleshoot HDCP error, visit our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
almelvin
Level 7

Has there been some kind of faulty auto update for roku.  Starting today, my screen is purple and I get no sound from roku.  My tv and sound works perfectly with other input sources.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@almelvin 

Thanks for the inquiry.

It looks like your are experiencing a HDCP error.

For troubleshooting steps for HDCP errors, visit our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos