Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tgeraty
Level 7

Smart Soundbar Digital Audio Out Issues

Just bought the Smart Soundbar and it seems to work just fine for regular streaming. However, we're having issues getting the TV to return audio back to the soundbar from other devices. Our TV doesn't support HDMI ARC, it does however have a Digital Audio Out. We've connected the HMDI cable and the Digital Audio Out cable properly and made sure the TV enabled all settings regarding the audio out, but we still don't get any sound when watching from Bluray or our cable provider. While we use the Roku for most streaming, it's pretty disappointing that we can't use the soundbar as advertised for other devices. Anybody else have any luck getting their Digital Audio Out to work?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bmxdaddy
Level 7

Re: Smart Soundbar Digital Audio Out Issues

I have the same problem. Did you find an answer? 

0 Kudos
tgeraty
Level 7

Re: Smart Soundbar Digital Audio Out Issues

Not yet - I spent a couple hours this morning on the issue. Hoping Roku support has an answer. If I hear anything outsides the forums, I'll post here though. Thanks!

0 Kudos