Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Slow and/or no internet connection after losing power

Jump to solution

I have a roku express and my building lost power last week in 3/10/20 for almost 4 hours. Since that time I have had very slow download speed which has resulted in pixelated picture quality (if any), and even sometimes the player says there is no internet connection. I’ve contacted both roku and my ISP. I have received a brand new modem since this has happened, from my ISP. Roku says it’s on the internets end and my internet company says it’s on roku’s end. Does anyone have any suggestions? I did just go out today and purchase a new steaming stick +, because it’s been a week and a half that I haven’t been able to watch my shows and I’m desperate. Hoping I won’t have any issues with the new player. Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Slow and/or no internet connection after losing power

Jump to solution

Power outages, and recovery from them, can often generate power surges that can damage electronic equipment that is not connected via surge protection.

Good luck with your Streaming stick+, I just got mine and so far I love it. Mine is plugged into the same surge protector as its tv.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Power outages, and recovery from them, can often generate power surges that can damage electronic equipment that is not connected via surge protection.

Good luck with your Streaming stick+, I just got mine and so far I love it. Mine is plugged into the same surge protector as its tv.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response. I am absolutely loving my streaming stick +. It’s super fast and now I’m able to utilize my 4K tv as well with it. I’m not even sweating what happened to the express lol. I do know I need to get a surge protector in the near future though. When I moved into this building I honestly didn’t think we would lose power like we did so I’m connected to just a power strip. But now I know. Thanks again 

0 Kudos