Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky News Playback Internet Connection Error

I am receiving an "internet connection error" message on my Roku 4K when attempting to play back videos on Sky News.  Live feeds work fine, so this is opposite of another reported Sky News problem.

Deleting the channel followed by restarting the Roku and reinstalling the Sky News channel did not solve the problem.  Is this a Roku or Sky News problem and what might the solution be?  Any guidance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Re: Sky News Playback Internet Connection Error

Roku does not control your Sky News playback. I take your in the UK? It’s probably a temporary issue on the Sky network end. 

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/sky/

0 Kudos

I'm in the US but thanks for the suggestion.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @jchadbourne15

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Since you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting to remove and then re-install the channel, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos