Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KoreywithaK
Reel Rookie

Re: Skipping while Streaming

Same issue. Uninstalled and re-installed. Happening for at least a month. Any update? Any word on patch?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DougGates @KoreywithaK 

Thanks for the update.

Can you please provide us with the following information so we can further investigate:
-Roku model number
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS ver/build
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-channel version (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when this issue happens, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5x)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Having the same issue on our Roku, but across multiple channels (e.g. Disney+, Netflix, France24) for the past week or so yet somehow the Roku channel works just fine.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, unplugging and restarting both Roku, modem and router, without any luck to resolve issue.

Could this be related to the new Roku guide released on July 6?

Any other ideas on how to resolve?  It's making TV unusable and a horrible user experience.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Demonica

I'm having this issue on all of my apps. Disney+ Hulu and netflix. I really hope this update comes out tomorrow i need it

Report Tracker # 11-296-713

0 Kudos
DougGates
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R ,

-Roku model number: 3930X

-serial number: X004004MFF12
-device ID: S008299MFF12
-software OS ver/build: 9.3.0 build 4170-AE
-channel version: 6.32 build 4
-tracker ID when this issue occurs: 12-296-708

0 Kudos
bickitybam
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R 

This just got better for me, I'm not sure why. I would frequently get the skipping and the zoom issue I mentioned before while watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., as recently as last week. I watched the new episode last night and there was no skipping and no zooming. I went back and watched episodes that had these issues before and it's not happening anymore!

However it is still happening when I use the Kids profile and watch a show there (at least the skipping part).

Model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

S/N: YH00CY278776

Device ID: 21399C278776

S/W ver: 9.3.0 * build 4172-50

Hulu ver: 6.32 * build 4

Issue tracker ID (when I'm still getting a skip before a break starts in the Kids profile): 76-297-660

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DougGates @bickitybam 

Thanks for providing me with the information that I have requested.

I have passed it along to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KoreywithaK
Reel Rookie

-Roku model number: 3930x
-serial number: S008299r
-device ID: S008299R130S
-software OS version: 9.3.0 build 4170-AE
-channel version: 6.32 build 4
-tracker ID: 0S-299-629

0 Kudos
KoreywithaK
Reel Rookie

Also: OS-299-641. Skips the last few seconds before the first commercial. When resuming after commercial, a frozen image of the commercial’s ending stay on screen whilst the audio from the show resumes. Hitting the back jump back button can fix it or a quick rewind. However when rewinding back to before the commercial, the video will often time continue skipping ahead even if you do not rewind to the same time stamp as the prior jump point. 

0 Kudos
KoreywithaK
Reel Rookie

This is the error code I get when I just let the commercial image stay. I have three Roku, this is the only one Hulu is effected onThis is the error code I get when I just let the commercial image stay. I have three Roku, this is the only one Hulu is effected on

4EF6BBF0-0475-427F-B237-1A56FB320EC7.jpeg

0 Kudos