Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glowingpig
Reel Rookie

Skipping while Streaming

I have the Roku Express and after the most recent up date, I noticed that the #Hulu app has been having issues. During episodes it will suddenly skip ahead 15 seconds and I'll miss parts of the episode and have to rewind. When I rewind to the sections that have been skipped over, they will jump ahead still. This is also effecting adds. After it comes back from an add break it just stays on a frozen add screen or tuns black and I can only hear the audio of the show I'm watching. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Hulu and restarting my Roku but nothing seems to be helping. This issue does not present when I access Hulu from my computer. 

Anyone else having this issue or have any fixes? Is there any way to roll back an update? This issue wasn't happening prior.

Tags (1)
33 REPLIES 33
Edgy

Re: Skipping while Streaming

I am having the exact same issues watching Hulu on my Roku Express. I have not been able to find a fix.

Glowingpig
Reel Rookie

Hulu is telling me this happened to all Roku users who just did the update. They are aware of it but now ETA on the fix. 

Xenomama

Having the exact same issue on my tv. It's awful. We need a way to back out the update.

Glowingpig
Reel Rookie

Agreed, I don't think there is a way to roll back the update but I'm wondering if factory resetting it will work.

raulcolon

Same issue here still

Hd1

Having the same skipping issue....

0 Kudos
loriflori

I'm having the exact same issue on Hulu with weird episode speedup and ads not transitioning into the show properly (since I had to do the obligatory upgrade to a Roku Express a couple of weeks ago) and it's driving me crazy. Roku needs to fix this ASAP. I didn't get a new device to have more problems.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DougGates
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R, that did not work. Any other ideas?

0 Kudos