Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starce
Level 7

Skipping audio since Roku 8.1.0 (TCL ROKU TV)

I use the TV speakers, and I'm experiencing audio skipping only inside Roku apps and then ROKU menus. The issue does not persist in HDMI modes. The issue is almost always present, with some reboots fixing the issue. I am on Roku 8.1.0 build #4139 TCL TV Model 55US57-W.

I saw the issue with the other streaming players and I haven't seen anything about this model TV. It's obviously the software, and not the hardware as the system works in other video modes. Any tips? There was no updates available.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Starce
Level 7

Re: Skipping audio since Roku 8.1.0 (TCL ROKU TV)

Received an update 22nd of September that appears to have fixed the issue..build 4139-22

Issue is not resolved disregard this
0 Kudos

"Starce" wrote:
Received an update 22nd of September that appears to have fixed the issue..build 4139-22.

Just FYI, this update is not available for my Hitachi/Roku TV.  It says there are no updates available and the last update was the 8.1.0-build 4139.
0 Kudos
Starce
Level 7

It's still doing it as of 10/3, issue is very inconsistent
0 Kudos
Starce
Level 7

Still going
0 Kudos
Starce
Level 7

Still having this stupid issue. Great support.
0 Kudos