Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kolyaboo
Level 8

Since last night no video on Prime, only audio, only channel affected is Prime

There is a thread but old. This started last night. Everything else works fine but Prime has audio only. I told Amazon. Well, I know where this is going.

Finger pointing. Smiley Sad 

Labels (1)
11 Replies
Sbstngldbrg
Level 7

Re: Since last night no video on Prime, only audio, only channel affected is Prime

I’m having the same issue but with Hulu and Netflix too. All my menu clicking sounds are working, Netflix start-up sound, but when I try to play a show or movie there’s no audio. Tried two TVs and same issue both times Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

Re: Since last night no video on Prime, only audio, only channel affected is Prime

I just went to Prime and it made me pair for the first time in a while (even though I watched it last night)

Make sure you do Settings/System/system update && restart.

You can high-lite the Channels press Star* key and send feedback.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
Kolyaboo
Level 8

Yes, last night it made me sign in (which was a pain and it had not done that in a long while). But then after I signed in, that is when it started. Something is wrong. 

0 Kudos
rodeocowgirl012
Level 8

Mine started with this last night but it is with all my channels.  I was trying to determine if it is a service issue or if my device went bad.  My home screen works fine but if I try to click on a channel it attempts to open them but fails and either freezes or returns me to my home screen.

0 Kudos
Kolyaboo
Level 8

Amazon blames it on Roku and vice versa. Meanwhile nothing gets fixed. Smiley Sad

regnartSrM
Level 8

Good 1! Forgot abt the Feedback option, did it, let’s hope enough people do it and it’s taken seriously. Not good for Roku or Amazon

0 Kudos
mac2
Level 7

Are you still having problems? Prime told me to contact Roku for another device. I want know if I'm going to be chasing my tail and get no headway. Have you resolved your problem?

0 Kudos
regnartSrM
Level 8

If it’s only happening on Prime Video which is my case then it has something to do with either Roku or Amazon internally, not necessarily the device. If it was the device alone then there would be more than one app besides just Prime Video it’s happening on. Nowadays usually calling Amazon who knows who you get when you call them, easiest solution is blame the opposing side along with their equipment, then goodbye!

0 Kudos
FandS
Level 7

Had the same problem.  Found out that when our electricity went out we needed to do a new login to the device that we originally used to set up Roku.  I had been unable to get Roku visual until I did this.  Everything is back to normal now!

0 Kudos