Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
yort
Level 7

Sharp TV Audio Settings Keep Resetting

My Sharp Roku TV's audio settings keep resetting. When I set my audio preference MUSIC - DTS ON- CLARITY HIGH it will always revert back to DTS OFF - CLARITY OFF when I power on the TV. I suspect this is a software glitch because the problem seemed to start with the last update. It's getting frustrating because I'm constantly having to go to the settings and change the audio back to my preference. Any idea what could be wrong?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Sharp TV Audio Settings Keep Resetting

Thanks for reaching out. Have you tried contacting Sharp support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. 

You can reach them here: http://www.sharpusa.com/Support.aspx

If you still aren't able to clear up the issue, feel free to send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku TV from Settings>System>About. I'll follow up with you directly to see if there is anything else we can recommend. 

Thanks! 
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
yort
Level 7

Thank you for your reply. My problem is a little confusing because I'm not sure if its a hardware issue or software (OS) issue. All my other settings are fine and stay constant, but my audio
settings constantly keep changing, although the problem is intermittent. I've had the TV for two years and it was working fine up until a few months ago that's why I suspect it might be
a glitch with the latest Roku OS update.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@yort 

Thanks for the info. If Sharp support isn't able to help you resolve the issue through further troubleshooting, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku TV from Settings>System>About and I'll see how we can assist you further. 

Thanks! 
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos