Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JF95
Reel Rookie

Sharp Roku TV: Faint, flickering horizontal bars on screen

These thick, faint horizontal lines flicker in and out of the image. Depending on what's on the screen, it's either hardly noticeable or downright obnoxious. It happens on every input as well as the TV's main menu and while using apps, so I know it's not an issue with a bad HDMI connection. I've linked to a youtube video I recorded of what it looks like

Model#: LC-50LBU591U Rev.A

Serial#: 50G1709A4H0807

Manufactured in 2017

https://youtu.be/EYkvaITxWL8

Also I don't know if it's related or not, but earlier today I had an issue where no video would show, but the backlight came on and the TV would display sound. Unplugging the TV for 10 minutes then plugging it back in fixed that issue, but I don't know if the issue I'm currently facing may have stemmed from this or not, so I thought I should include it.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
LissG86

Re: Sharp Roku TV: Faint, flickering horizontal bars on screen

Mine is doing the EXACT same thing. It is driving us CRAZY. If you find a resolution, please share! 

Was this ever solved? Mine has started doing the same thing and I can’t seem to find a solution 😞

0 Kudos
JF95
Reel Rookie

Sorry, I couldn't figure it out, I just ended up buying a new TV

If you do find a solution, please post it here. I still have the defective TV and would love to fix it so I can give it to my parents.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Kaylanm5200 @JF95,

Thanks for your post. 

This seems like it would be related to a hardware issue. For clarification, you do have a Roku TV? If so, have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos