Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhamrick
Channel Surfer

Setup Roku Premiere Everyday?

I have my Roku Premiere setup in a rack in the basement in a distributed AV setup.  I go through the process of setting it up and everything works as expected.  I find that almost everyday when I turn the system on I have to go through the initial setup and configuration everyday?  Why won't the Roku keep the settings?  Does it have to be setup every time it is actually power cycled? 

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Setup Roku Premiere Everyday?

Hey @rhamrick

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you tell us what you mean by you're setting up your Roku Premier frequently? Is that the internet connection or do you need to always activate and link it to your Roku email address? 

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@rhamrick 

After the initial activation and setup, all the settings remain stored internally.  Power cycling will take a little longer for the Premiere to boot up as compared to leaving it plugged in and allowing it to go into "sleep" mode, but sure doesn't erase settings.

If you have enough power supplying the Roku Premiere (1A,5V power adapter) it could be that the internal flash memory has failed.  If a factory reset doesn't solve issue (use paperclip and press hold for 30+ seconds), sure sounds like a replacement device is needed.  

I have yet to come across a posting that has successfully resolved this issue.  If under a year, should qualify for warranty replacement through Roku.   https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
rhamrick
Channel Surfer

@RokuKariza-D @AvsGunnar Almost daily I have to go in and activate and link to my Roku address.  The Roku is connected directly to a power strip so always on.  I am not sure what is causing the device to lose its memory.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Thanks for the response, @rhamrick

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be located by navigating to Settings > System > About

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to provide it to our Support team who will further help you out. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rhamrick
Channel Surfer

@RokuKariza-D  SN: K4305F225880

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@rhamrick

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Are connecting to a usb port built-in to the powerstrip? Or to usb power adapter that came with premiere and is just plugged into the powerstrip?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jap13_
Channel Surfer

Hi, same thing is happening to my Roku Premiere. Is there any fix to this?

0 Kudos
rhamrick
Channel Surfer

Hi @Tivoburkee , The Roku is in an AV rack in my basement.  It is powered using the power adapter that came with the Roku (plugged into a power strip).  The Roku connects to an HDMI audio extractor and then into the 8 x 8 HDMI matrix switch.  My Roku 3 had no issues in this setup.  It just went bad so I replaced it with this Roku Premiere.  

0 Kudos