Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonRN18
Level 7

Semi-frequent black screen, followed by pinwheel on Ultra (2019)

I have several Ultra (2019) players, one for each of my four televisions in the house and three at family members homes. All are on the latest software and I have no issues with any of them except for one. One the one I have a problem with, I have semi-frequent episodes where the screen goes black and after a second or so, I get a couple seconds of a pinwheel in the center of the screen and then the picture comes back. MOST of the time, when this happens, it is when I'm watching something on YouTube, but it has also happened on Plex as well. 

One of the reasons I have all Ultras is I wanted to make sure I had wired Ethernet ports on the new players... the idea of WiFi-only is an absolutely STUPID idea! Anyway, off that soapbox now. As you can imagine (from that last outburst of attitude) my Roku in question is hard-wired to my network. I have no network issues, where I have synchronous gigabit Internet service and all of my gigabit network switches are interconnected with 10-gigabit fiber. The Ultra in question is connected to my Vizio 4K television with a 3-foot HDMI cable (as the Ultra is hidden behind the television). I'm curious if this is a common issue or if there is anything that can be done to rectify the issue.

0 Kudos