Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sputnik42
Level 7

Re: Selecting a netflix channel loses HDMI signal

Did you try changing the screen resolution as described in the thread? 

0 Kudos
Sputnik42
Level 7

Go into settings, and change your screen resolution to any setting OTHER than 'autodetect' or one with HDR. I chose 4K 30p which covers 99% of what I'd be watching. It should solve the problem, however be advised that when you turn everything off for the evening, it will likely re-set to 'autodetect' (default setting) so you'll have to do this each time you turn the tv on. Hopefully Roku will get their **bleep** together and get a firmware update out soon-

Steve24
Level 7

Based on other comments posted I tried changing my ROKU Ultra display setting from “Auto-Detect” to “4K/30 FPS”.  After making this setting change the NETFLIX channel would load and play properly.  I also turned off my TV and re-started the TV - the Ultra did not revert to “Auto Detect” and the Netflix channel played properly

So ROKU there is an issue in the “Auto-Detect” functionality in the latest 9.2.0 software update that requires a fix.  Please address ASAP

Steve24
Level 7

I tried resetting the resolution to 4K/30 FPS and the NETFLIX APP launches properly, even if I poser down the TV and restart

The problem appears to be the “Auto-Detect” functionality in the latest ROKU software rollout, 9.2.0

Sputnik42
Level 7

Re: Netflix crashes Roku Premier+

Change your screen display setting to anything other than 'autodetect' which is the default. There is a glitch in the latest Roku firmware update (10/31 I believe) which has problems with Netflix HDR programming. Select any resolution that does NOT include 'autodetect' or any HDR resolution. 4K 30p seems to work for most people.

Rxmzt786
Level 7

Re: Netflix crashing roku

Same issue. I have roku premiere+
0 Kudos
timmn
Level 8

@Mi84 wrote:
 I'm still going to complain to Roku and Netflix about this.

The last I heard, the Roku people know about the problem and are attempting to resolve it. The problem is with software version 9.2.0 I really don't think that Netflix has anything to do with it. My guess is that this may have something to do with Apple TV becoming available on Roku. I also have an AirTV box, and received an email from them stating that their app will no longer work with the new Roku software update.

timmn
Level 8

@cashlock wrote:

I am having the same issue -- very frustrating. Here are my details.

What causes the issue:

- Click Netflix button on Roku remote

- Select Netflix app from home screen

What happens:

- Get TV error that nothing is connected to my HDMI input

Roku info: Model 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

Software version: 9.2.0 build 4131-50

TV: Vizio M55-D0

Go to Display type, and change the display to either 4K at 30Hz or 4K at 60Hz (no HDR) whichever works better for you. There is a problem with Software version 9.2.0 build 4131-XX I have been told that Roku knows about the problem and will push another software update when they resolve it.

Spoonman1091
Level 7

Re: Since 9.2 Netflix won’t start unless I boot Roku 4K box

This worked for me as well. Thanks so much Dendog!
0 Kudos

0 Kudos