Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trueself27
Level 7

ROKU HDMI, Mode Not Supported, Resolution Not Supported. Change the resolution of external device

All,

I have been seeing the above message on my TV screen since yesterday. My setup has not changed a bit for over 8 months. It came yesterday afternoon and we were able to watch all channels yesterday evening. Today, again the above message came. But, that said, we had no trouble watching this morning.. any Idea, what could be the issue?

It appears there is no issue with Sling and Prime. But, clicking Netflix is showing the above error.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RyanPm40
Level 8

Re: Same here

I wouldn't blame Netflix. This is a Roku issue.
clinspace
Level 7

Yeah, I wasn't clear

I'm thinking of dropping Netflix for other reasons including their upcoming failure to work with older devices
0 Kudos
Dendog
Level 7

Re: Selecting a netflix channel loses HDMI signal

I had the same issue.  If I force the Roku to display 4k@60 instead of 4k@30, the problem goes away.  The problem now, is that auto detect won't stop triggering a change when I shut my system down, so I have to manually change it every time I turn my system on. Is there a way to stop auto detect? 

0 Kudos
Gr8Stogie
Level 7

Netflix crashes Roku Premier+

Ever since the Nov. 1 update my Premier+ is crashing when I try to open Netflix. I have to hard reset it by unplugging it. It does not happen with any other channel. Software Version 9.2.0, build 4131. Is there a solution to this problem? I have checked for new updates. I have uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled the channel. Nothing worked.
Mi84
Level 7

I experienced this issue on a Roku Ultra and even a brand new Roku Premiere HDR both when plugged into a 4k LG TV. When i tested them on an older 1080p TV netflix worked right away. So i went back to the LG and changed the Roku display setting from auto detect to 1080p, and lo and behold it worked perfectly. So this is a partial solution but unfortunately it would affect the play back quality of 4k content on Netflix. I'm still going to complain to Roku and Netflix about this.
0 Kudos
RyanPm40
Level 8

Re: Netflix crashes Roku Premier+

This is a known issue. Changing your display setting from "Auto Detect" to 1080p or 4k (do not choose the HDR option) is a temporary fix. There seems to be something messed up with the way the Roku auto detects HDR playback and causes the TV to lose HDMI signal.
Ricktastick
Level 7

Same problem, I cant stand when these d-a-m-n companies update their layout before fixing all the bugs
Gr8Stogie
Level 7

Re: Netflix crashes Roku Premier+

I'll give it a try this evening. Thank you!

0 Kudos
kamesh_k
Level 7

The issue still exist. Any update?