Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bemerick
Level 7

Re: Selecting a netflix channel loses HDMI signal

I'm having a similar problem with my Roku Ultra, but only with the NetFlix channel. Prime and Hulu work fine.

My setup is WiFi > Roku > HDMI to StreamBox Input on Onkyo receiver > HDMI to Sony Bravia

I have

• Powered everything off and back on
  • Removed NetFlix and reinstalled it
  • Done a factory reset on the Roku and reinstalled and set all apps back

The problem is still there. When I start the app, the screen flashes with a half frame of static or white and then the Roku signal stops.

0 Kudos
timmn
Level 8

@bemerick wrote:

I'm having a similar problem with my Roku Ultra, but only with the NetFlix channel. Prime and Hulu work fine.

My setup is WiFi > Roku > HDMI to StreamBox Input on Onkyo receiver > HDMI to Sony Bravia

I have

• Powered everything off and back on
  • Removed NetFlix and reinstalled it
  • Done a factory reset on the Roku and reinstalled and set all apps back

The problem is still there. When I start the app, the screen flashes with a half frame of static or white and then the Roku signal stops.

If your Sony TV is 4K, change your display type to 4K at 30 Hz or 4K at 60 Hz. I found that getting rid of the HDR setting seems to solve most of the problems.

0 Kudos
Cicsprog
Level 7

Since 9.2 Netflix won’t start unless I boot Roku 4K box

Since 9.2 Netflix won’t start unless I boot Roku 4K box

Spoonman1091
Level 7

Re: Since 9.2 Netflix won’t start unless I boot Roku 4K box

I'm experiencing the same issue.
0 Kudos
Cicsprog
Level 7

Re: Since 9.2 Netflix won’t start unless I boot Roku 4K box

I would think this would be a pretty easy fix ROKU.  Had did this even get missed in testing 9.2? 

Yp
Level 7

I'm having this same exact issue after I got the Roku update on 10/31. Netflix crashes it anytime I try to load the app and gives me a no input found error on my Vizio TV. Already tried rebooting the Roku several times and completely uninstalling and installing the Netflix app. I'm using a Roku streaming stick.
0 Kudos
mpompey0110
Level 8

You probably are facing the same issue as the rest of us. The latest update has messed up HDR detection with the Netflix app.

To resolve: Go to Settings ->Display Type (Turn off Automatic detection and manually set your display type to a 4K variant WITHOUT HDR and it will fix the issue. You wont have HDR but you will have 4K resolution.

Sputnik42
Level 7

I am having the EXACT same issue all of a sudden! I have used a Roku Ultra since January with no issues whatsoever. A couple of days ago, I went to watch Netflix and had this issue. Only on Netflix. The screen fades to black, and then freezes (since no button does anything) and I have to hard reset to get back to a home screen. All other channels work fine. I'm using a Harmony Elite remote and hub, an LG OLED display and a Sony AV receiver. Since all other channels work, and Netflix works on other devices, I can effectively rule out cables, other hardware, Netflix app, etc. Today I bought a new Roku Ultra, assuming it was my device. I connected it to my system, and got everything set up. Netflix worked fine and I was happy. Until tonight, when I went to watch Netflix, and the same **bleep** thing happened again!! Just on Netflix. Roku support has been completely useless, despite the 'we usually respond within 24 hours' I haven't had a reply to my support ticket in 3 days. I'll return my Ultra tomorrow, and while I hate to give up my Roku setups throughout my house, I'm ready to switch everything over to Apple or Amazon devices now. 

Sputnik42
Level 7

Just tried the 'deselect 4K HDR' option in settings as described, and voila! It worked! I guess I can take the new Roku Ultra back now since that was the problem! I wish I'd seen this post earlier, or Roku had actually responded to my support ticket with this info.... THANKS! 

0 Kudos
sriram
Level 7

Can you please rollback the following Roku update until this issue is resolved?

Software Version - 9.2.0

Build: 4131 

Roku Player 4630X