Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyanPm40
Level 8

Re: Selecting a netflix channel loses HDMI signal

Same exact issue here ever since the OS 9.2 issue
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the notes. We're currently investigating these reports, and appreciate the helpful details. 

In the meantime, try adjusting the output resolution in Settings>Display type from 'Auto' to one of the manual display type options to see if this helps resolve the issue. 

I'll continue to provide any additional updates once they are available. 

Thanks! 

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
RyanPm40
Level 8

- Roku Ultra 4660X
- no AV receiver, plugged directly into my LG 4K TV
- only Netflix so far
- LG 43UH6030 4K LED Smart TV
- 4K HDR at 30Hz HDCP 2.2
0 Kudos
todd_potter
Level 7

Model 4640X

Software version: 9.2.0 build 4131-29

For me it seems to be once per day.... I get netflix logo, then black screen and tv no longer able to detect signal (Vizio 65" 4k tv). mashing buttons does nothing but make the led on the roku flicker.  Unplugging and plugging it back in(power) will fix it for the rest of the evening, but I can pretty much guarantee that tomorrow when I get home and launch netflix it will do the same. I've uninstalled netflix channel, reinstalled.  I've done a factory reset on the roku. No improvement. One other thought I had was screensaver, so I've disabled it. (shot in the dark).

Re: Issue with Netflix on Roku - No picture and Crashing Behavior.

Mine started two days ago.  I have tried everything outlined in this thread and still having the problem.  I'm a software engineer by trade and this look like a software bug to me.

Re: Issue with Netflix on Roku - No picture and Crashing Behavior.

Adding a bit more information:

Model 4640X

Serial YP005T170426

Software version 9.2.0 build 4131-29

Using an Arcam AV860 4K (UHD) HDMI2.0a with HDCP2.2

0 Kudos
mhaggerty
Level 7

I am having the same problem but only when I try to go to Netflix.  Has it been solved?

OK I changed the display from from Auto to 4K 60 Hz (without HDR) and it's working.  It failed when I used the HDR setting.

0 Kudos
timmn
Level 8

Could you please tell me how to stop my Premiere+ from reverting back to Auto? Someone here posted a series of button pushes on the remote, and I have never gotten it to work.

0 Kudos
timmn
Level 8

I've been told that they are trying to figure out what is causing the problem, but after they fix it, they are going to have to push another software update to all of the Roku boxes.

0 Kudos