Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ztvoldyo
Level 7

Re: Selecting a netflix channel loses HDMI signal

I myself have had this happening. It started yesterday (11/1/19) out of the blue. It’s very frustrating because it always does it for Netflix, sometimes Hulu and YouTube. I’ve had this Roku for at least 2 years.
skanagal16
Level 7

Yes, I facing the same issue. It is annoying to be honest. Hopefully Netflix/Roku does an update to fix it and they are looking into this
0 Kudos
Scott_C
Level 9

My 4660X Roku Ultra just updated to 9.2.0 build 4131-46 yesterday, and now I'm having this problem, also with Pandora. I tried disabling Auto and setting the Resolution to 1080p and Audio to PCM, but that didn't fix it. This isn't the only thread reporting problems like this. It is definitely associate with this update. The box is basically unusable now, because it keeps blacking out during a video or song.

0 Kudos
timmn
Level 8

I forgot to mention it on my post, but the same things happen to me on my Premiere+. I do have one suggestion for you, go to Settings > Display type > and change the display from Auto-detect (in my case, it's 4K HDR 30 Hz TV) to 4K 60Hz TV that setting solves all of my problems, you may have to experiment to find a setting that works for you. However, the display setting will eventually revert back to Auto-detect.

turbojsf
Level 7

Same issue. Appears just to be Netflix. Other channels work fine. Have had to re install Netflix 4x for two days now just to get it to work for a short time. Netflix works fine on all other devices and TVs in the home. Just an issue with my Roku Ultra since last software update
0 Kudos
timmn
Level 8

I'm beginning to think that there may be issues with Software version 9.2.0 build 4131-XX. I guess all we can do is wait for someone at Roku to acknowledge the issues and then fix them.

0 Kudos
timmn
Level 8

Model 4630X-Roku Premiere+

Software version 9.2.0 build 4131-29

As mentioned in an earlier post, the problems seem to occur when you change channels, I can make the problems go away by changing the display type from Auto (4K HDR at 30 Hz) to 4K 60Hz TV, I don't know if this will work for everyone.

0 Kudos
Scott_C
Level 9

timmn,
So, is this ONLY happening with your 4k content then? Since changing this 4K setting temporarily fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
NomisGnos
Level 8

My stupid short term solution is after selecting the channel, I immediately hit the arrow keys and keep bashing the arrow keys till I am safely in the channel. It’s weird but it works.
0 Kudos
bking0912
Level 7

I'm having the same issue. Came here looking for some troubleshooting ideas and then realized how wide-spread this is. Hard resetting the box is the only thing that seems to help, but not consistently. I've had my ulta for about a year. Really frustrating. I hope Roku offers a solution or a fix.