Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Selecting a netflix channel loses HDMI signal

Tanner,
Can you confirm that ROKU is aware of this issue and rolling out a fix soon?
I have spent numerous hour's trouble shooting, searching Google etc. If ROKU would release something solid maybe it would save people tons of frustration and help the ROKU brand. As it is my wife is begging me to buy a fire stick.
0 Kudos
PatrickB
Level 7

We have tis problem as well. Setting the resolution to 4K HDR 30Hz instead of automatic fixes it temporarily, but after some time, the Roku goes back to auto-setting resolution without us asking. As a result, we're having to go to Roku settings daily to set the resolution to be able to use Netflix, and it's quite annoying.

0 Kudos
Sputnik42
Level 7

Clearly it's a huge problem, seemingly affecting most if not all Roku devices. Imagine how many people that is? I'm annoyed that after 5 days I've yet to even receive a reply from Roku about this other than one 'are you still having a problem?' auto-reply. But again, imagine what this must be doing to their support staff. The smart thing would be to get a statement out about what's causing it, the temporary fix, and an assurance a new update is in the works. Crickets is NOT an appropriate tactic. 

sakendrick
Level 7

Same Problem... Roku Ultra. Tried uninstalling Netflix, reboot, reinstall... no luck.

0 Kudos
sakendrick
Level 7

Roku support says known issue they are trying to resolve and recommended work around is to lower resolution.

0 Kudos

Do you have a link to this?
0 Kudos
J890
Level 7

Having same issue! 

0 Kudos
MagicM
Level 8

The workaround that seems to be working for me is when in the Netflix channel scroll to the far left and then scroll down to ‘Exit Netflix’.  The next time I then select Netflix, it opens fine  

timmn
Level 8

Roku is aware of the problem, and I have been told they are working on a fix. If you have a 4K TV, go to Settings > Display type and select either 4K 60Hz TV or 4K 30Hz TV, whichever works better for you. (no HDR) that seems to solve most of the problems.

tpjs1
Level 7

Let me join the chorus of those having this issue with Netflix. I have a Roku Ultra 2018 model. This problem just started in the last couple of weeks.It does not happen with any other channel. I also have to reboot the Roku