Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Assilel

Screen turns black when I turn on my ps5

i had my roku tv for a month now everything was working perfectly fine with my ps5, but recently after I start turning on my ps5 the tv screen turns black and the only way for it to work with the ps5 is to change the hdmi mode from 2.0 to 1.4. I tried like 4 different hdmi cables and I bought one specifically for this problem but nothing seems to work.

4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Screen turns black when I turn on my ps5

You might have better luck asking the manufacturer of the TV.

Where to get support for your Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
wthinavl

Same.  And I'm in Roku Express.  Several apps, Spectrum, ESPN+, Disney+.... I feel like they updated the software and it's not playing well with most apps.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Assilel 

It may be an HDR compatibility issue between the RokuTV and the console..  Can try the below things to at least try and rule them out. (just try one at a time to see if narrows down/rules out culprit).

1. On your RokuTV (if applicable - not all RokuTVs have this setting), try changing the TV Input Mode to Standard rather than Auto. (Settings/TV Inputs/HDMI (1,2,3)/HDMI Mode/Standard)

2. On the PS5 console try turning HDR off (Settings/Screen and Video/Video Output/HDR/Off).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
criddical

I was having this problem and tried everything but nothing worked. I ended up fixing it by going to settings- system -  system restart. When it turned back on it was working like normal.