Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashabsh

Screen sudden turned green while watching

I was watching a show on my Disney + app and the screen started showing green lines then half the screen had a green hue. I left the app and tried another and it was doing the samething. The apps and welcome screen do not have this it is only when I go into an app. I have turned it off and turned it back on. I have also checked for an update but there is not one. What else can I do?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Ponchojack
Reel Rookie

Re: Screen sudden turned green while watching

We have intermittent green screne issues as well.  It seems to be caused by the OTA (antenna) channels interfering with video playback.  

What seems to clear the problem......

Exit the Disney channel, on the HOME screen there is a livetv channel box.  Put your cursor over it BUT DON'T PRESS IT.  After a few seconds it will play the live feed in the channel box and you can hear the live channel audio.  Now select the Disney channel and see if your problem went away.

It works for us.  Seems the video buffer gets hung up and selecting the live tv resets it.  Then Disney video can play correctly.  Definitely appears to be app coding problem managing the video hand off politely.

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

You need to try restarting your TV instead of turning your TV on and off. A lot of times a restart is all that you need to try in order to fix your green screen problem and other issues too. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Restart is under Settings->System->Power->System restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Ponchojack
Reel Rookie

Restart does work, but it only requires shifting the video processing to another input.  Getting the home screen OTA tile to refresh is even enough.  Looks like a code issue in the app around starting and stopping video input.

Bendover56

Appreciate it fixed my problem 

0 Kudos
Rldimmick

This worked great, thanks

0 Kudos
Loulou3

0 Kudos