Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeyRam08
Level 7

Screen stuck on solid green, constant fps changing in Disney +

There is a solution to this, however roku doesn't give users the option. I need a way to lock this to 24, 30 or 60fps, rather than it constantly changing. Or when I launch a app like Disney plus just lock it to 24

Right now if I go to Disney + (the worse one) every time I scroll left/right or up/down the fps constantly changes between 60 and 24. It takes forever to find a movie this way as I constantly have to wait for the screen to go back to normal. It does this so many times then screen just stays green and there is no way to fix it unless you unplug the roku, as some genius engineer didn't put a power or restart button on the device. But at least I can find my remote. 

Just noting my Raspberry Pi 4 is locked to 24 fps unless I watch a movie and it's 30, then I change it. I just don't understand why roku thinks all the menu's need to be in 60, when 24 is fine. 

Yes this is kind of a rant, but I also want roku to give users more control over their device. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Screen stuck on solid green, constant fps changing in Disney +

@MikeyRam08  Thanks for the note. It sounds like you may have enabled 'Auto-adjust display refresh rate'. This feature may cause the behavior you are describing. Visit Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Advanced display settings and try disabling this feature.

Alternately, some channel providers offer different content in different formats and frame rates. This isn't something that your Roku device controls, but is determined by each channel. If you don't experience the same behavior in all channels, I'd recommend reaching out to the specific channel provider directly to report the issue and see if they have any additional recommendations to offer. You might also try replacing your HDMI cable, or connecting your device to a different HDMI port on the TV to see if this helps. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
MikeyRam08
Level 7

Why would I disable the "watch movie shot in 24fps in 24fps?. I don't know who would want to watch something that is shoot in 24fps at 60fps, do you know how bad it looks? The only option that the roku gives you is "Auto-adjust display refresh rate" rather than a lock fps at 24, 30 or 60. and all the in between ones. Roku can do what ever they want with frame rate, just need a firmware upgrade. Giving full control to the users makes more sense. The channel provides have nothing to do with it, I can literally go anywhere on my computer and adjust the frame rate to what ever I want, the provider can't do anything, same with my Raspberry Pi.

Roku needs to give the users the ability to use the device how they want. On my Raspberry Pi and computer I can set the fps to 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, or 60. Why can't I get those options on Roku? Honestly having to constantly restart (unplugging) the roku is very annoying a power button would be great, even better a remote with a power button, and best of all full control over the fps. 

Lets say roku does a firmware update and I'm locked to 24fps, but then I want to watch the Pokemon Movie, lets say there is a pop up saying, "The native fps for this movie is 30, would you like to change to 30?" and I would select yes. As watching something shot in 30 at 24 is even worse then 24 to 60. 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MikeyRam08 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. Feel free to drop by the 'Suggest a feature' section of the Community to share your suggestion.

If you have enabled Auto-adjust display refresh rate, it will automatically adjust to match the content, based on the format in which it was encoded and is being provided by the channel. 

Thanks,

Tanner 

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos

Thank for explaining the green lock ups I'm getting in Disney plus.

0 Kudos