Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Icon08
Level 7

Screen goes black

I just purchased my Roku premier 2 weeks ago. It was working fine and now it’s all just black screen. I tried resetting it and got bouncing letters and as far as the resolution detection screen and then black screen again. I unplugged the power for a minute and replugged and same thing. I changed the network and same thing. I rebooted my modem but still same thing. I tried another hdmi cable and same thing. I can’t contact anyone and I don’t think it’s fair I’ve only had this for 2 weeks and already it looks like it took a dump on me. Someone please respond with a solution or how I can get my money back because this is **bleep**! If I purchase something I expect to be able to use it longer than 2 weeks!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Ntalavera
Level 7

Re: Bouncing Roku's Letters

Hi, I have the same problem. I bought my Roku 3 weeks ago and have the same problem. I only see Roku's Letters bouncing. I did everything, reset the Roku, unplugged the power and still the problem. Please help 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Bouncing Roku's Letters

@Ntalavera 

Thanks for the post.

I have replied to your PM that you have sent and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos