Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Screen freezes on ad picture and then I hear the show's audio. Using Express.

1.I’m not posting all my device info so it’s out for everyone to see especially hackers. This is why Roku needs a customer service chat.

The device model number and serial number are important, and  you need to look up the definition of a hacker before you actually spread dumb fibs.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
dizzy06

Re: Screen freezes on ad picture and then I hear the show's audio. Using Express.

I have same problem.  When watch Murder she wrote on the ROKU Channel.  when freezes, only way to restart is pause the show, exit the roku channel (go back to home), then restart roku channel and resume the show.  happens intermittently.    

Bart in Arizona

ChrissyMarie
Binge Watcher

Actually if they use my device serial number and such then yes they can. Each roku player has a unique serial number different from everyone else’s . It’s like giving out the serial number on your router or on your PlayStation or Xbox you don’t do it but thanks…

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@ChrissyMarie wrote:

Actually if they use my device serial number and such then yes they can. It’s like giving out the serial number on your router or on your PlayStation or Xbox you don’t do it but thanks…

Why does it matter; you still need to give out the model and serial numbers of your device, otherwise don’t expect someone helping you whenever you get an issue that you blame the platform developer for!  ~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Rush1
Reel Rookie

My wife having the exact same issue. It also will start buffering randomly and hang at 30%. This only occurs on the Roku channel app. Uninstalled the app, restarted the device and installed the app clean with the same issue. No other app does this and internet strength is more than needed. Using Roku 4k ultra stick. This started a month or so back. 

ChrissyMarie
Binge Watcher

@Michelle3 @Thanks for your “advice/opinion”. But that’s not the answer as multiple devices are having the same issue so Roku will need to create a fix for all of the different devices. 

ChrissyMarie
Binge Watcher

@Rush1  Hopefully they will come out with a fix since it seems multiple devices are having issues.

Rush1
Reel Rookie

Let's hope so, fortunately Freevee offers the programs she is watching so looks like we'll ditch the Roku channel until it's fixed. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As previously requested by @RokuKariza-D, can you please provide us with the following information so we can investigate the issue further:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ChrissyMarie
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R 

We’ve all stated in our comments it’s only happening on the Roku app and no other app and it seems it’s happening on all Roku device(and someone mentioned fire stick) models so an update or bug fix needs to be for everyone that has a Roku app. 

I’ve just deleted the app and will use other apps  prior to that I did the five x home and reported it. Again it’s not just one model it’s everyone that has the roku app.