Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robbie1
Level 7

Screen flickers using Roku Express

I have a circa 2011 Samsung LCD 6 series LCD TV. I bought a new model Roku Express the other day and the screen flickers ever so slightly. I tried a different HDMI cable and different port and same issue. I finally resolved it by manually setting the Roku to 720p and the flickering stops. My TV is certified for 1080i/1080P. Any ideas or suggestions? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
robbie1
Level 7

Re: Screen flickers using Roku Express

Update: The TV started flickering again this evening (on forced 720P) so I switched it back to auto adjust (1080P). Don't know what happened, but the flickering is gone. As TVs and ports do not magically "heal" themselves, I'm wondering if it's something in the signal itself. Maybe Roku pushed an update? I will monitor over the next few days and update as needed. 

0 Kudos
robbie1
Level 7

Re: Screen flickers using Roku Express

Ok, the flickering started again so I bit the bullet and bought a Roku Ultra and hard wired it to my router via ethernet cable. The flickering is gone and the problem solved until I can afford to replace the TV with a new 4K model.

0 Kudos