Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dianner
Level 7

Screen corruption on all channels

I have a recurring problem on my Roku Streaming+ Stick. The screen icons become very large and overlay each other - this is on all screens / channels including home screen. A full reboot by turning off at the mains for a few minutes cures it, it then reoccurs when the screensaver cuts in, or if I use pause / back / home buttons.

My TV is a Digihome flat screen, several years old but working OK with other devices, I haven't changed any settings. 
Signal strength shows as Good, last system update was February this year. My Roku was replaced at the end of last year as there was a fault with the remote, so it's about 4 months old. My internet is through WiFi.

The problem happened a few weeks ago, then went away, sadly I can't remember if this was before the Feb update. It came back today. I have some photos but I don't think I'm authorised to post them here.
TIA
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Screen corruption on all channels

Can you try this on a different TV, to rule out the TV being the issue? If it happens on multiple TV's then it's most likely a bad Roku. If it only happens on one TV then it's most likely an incompatibility with your TV. Since Digihome isn't a household name, I doubt Roku has one in their test lab.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
dianner
Level 7

Hi, thanks for that suggestion. I've tried it on another TV (JVC, about 6 or 7 years old) and I get the same results. Sadly it looks like my Roku.

It does take a long time to come out of standby, and usually reboots every time.
0 Kudos
dianner
Level 7

Now my remote is no longer working - I'm using the Roku app on my Android phone. This is exactly the problem I had last year, when CS eventually sent a replacement device and remote. I have contacted them and am waiting for a (human) response. So now my devices have both failed within a few months, rather worrying.
0 Kudos