Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Screen Mirroring issues

Ok, so this is extremely bizarre and I'm not sure how to 100% accurately describe my issue, but I'll try.  I own the TCL Roku TV Model Number 50S421.  I've owned it since August 2019 and I've used screen mirroring without a problem.  I've used a Windows 10 laptop and an Android phone which have both connected with no problems.  I recently purchased a new Windows 10 desktop and I'm having an issue. When I search for the device, my new computer cannot find it.  The laptop and phone are still able to connect.  Now, here's the bizarre part, if I do a full system restart of the TV, when it's powered back on, my desktop does recognize the TV, for only a moment.  I try to connect to the TV and I get a connection failed error, then the TV no longer shows up in my list of potential devices to connect to.  And here's something even stranger, last night, I connected my laptop to the TV, then disconnected it and my TV appeared on my desktop connection list.  I was able to successfully connect and stream content from my desktop at this point.  However, once I disconnected my desktop, I opened my device list and once again, the TV was not recognized.  I hope I was able to explain this fairly well.  Anyone have any clue as to what may be causing this issue?  If you have any questions, I'll gladly try to clarify what my issue is lol.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Screen Mirroring issues

Quick update on my problem:

I am able to consistently screen mirror my desktop to my TV as long as my laptop is connected.  Basically, I can mirror my laptop screen and then, and only then, will my TV appear in my desktop connection options.  But if I disconnect, my TV disappears from the list of options until I reconnect my laptop.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Screen Mirroring issues

I have no been able to mirror my note 10 . The only thing that pops up is Tcl roku tv-weh i click on it and it does not connect. I have another tcl roku tv and i have no problem connecting. 

0 Kudos