Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blittle1222
Level 7

Screen Flickering with Roku Premiere Plus

I just bought a Roku Premiere Plus and for a week it was working great. After that I started getting a screen flickering where it goes fuzz screen, black screen and then green screen before going back to the show that's streaming. This seems to happen every 3-5 minutes.

To clarify this does not happen when I'm going directly into my TV (Samsung U46D7000LF), but it does when I go through my surround sound system first (Samsung 3D Blu-Ray Player HT-6500WZA).

I called Roku and the service rep said it was a known issue with the new 4K devices, but it seemed like he was just reading his prompts. Is anyone else having these issues? Is it a Samsung to Roku issue or is it really a Roku device or software issue? Please help!
0 Kudos
31 Replies
mlennig
Level 7

Re: Screen Flickering with Roku Premiere Plus

I too have had the same problem when using my premiere plus. I have changed the hdmi cable to a newer one to no avail. I am using the roku with my samsung ks800d television. I had no problems with the second generation streaming stick and the same television.
0 Kudos
tklung
Level 7

I currently have 2 problems with the Roku 4 Premiere+. 1st problem is the occasional resetting of the device, usually happening when entering apps or navigating within them. The software would lock up and be unresponsive and then it would automatically reboot. I've had the device for over a month now and it has occurred at least 5 times. The other problem is HDR content on Netflix would flicker, going from 4K HDR picture to black blank screen and then coming back to the picture about a second later. This annoying issue is not related to my HDMI cable or my TV or receiver which all have the latest updates, including my Roku device. I've tried HDMI premium certified cables and the hdmi cable that came in the box with the Roku 4 premiere+ device I bought from Costco. These 2 problems is not just an annoyance, it's making the device unuseable for the intended purpose of watching 4K HDR content., Roku, please resolve my problem and others that have these issues or it will erode brand loyalty.
0 Kudos
zkelton
Level 7

I am having the same 2 problems with my Roku Premiere+, which is connected directly to my Samsung KS8000.  As yet, Roku customer care has been unable to help, and I am waiting to hear back from them before returning the product.  In the meantime, taking HDR off the "display" setting (outputting just 4k, not HDR 4k) seems to have solved the problem, but of course that defeats the purpose of getting the Premiere+ over my existing Roku 4.

Any assistance in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated!
0 Kudos
Silor
Level 7

I'm on my second premier plus in a week, same issue with my new $3000 dollar LG OLED and my 6 month old Marantz SR7010.

Roku what gives guys, I have a Roku in every room in house, if this doesn't get resolved soon I'm going to by an nvidia shield and return this crap. I got shafted on the Roku 4 and now this.
0 Kudos
Monox
Level 7

I'm having the same 2 issues as well. Is there any kind of support or update from Roku that fixes this? 
0 Kudos
traffic_doc
Level 7

Same issues for me. I have been swapping HDMI cables, HDMI ports on the TV, etc. to no avail. I was considering taking the TV off the wall and returning it for another. 
Glad I check here first!
Now if ROKU would provide a solution (or just a note that they are working on a solution) 
0 Kudos
Xkloid
Level 7

Same here, roku premiere is a piece of junk. Flickers out every 30 seconds on my ks8000. What are we supposed to do, I will have to waste my time with support, but the unit will never work unless they fix these models.
0 Kudos
matthewpapa
Level 7

Registered just to say this:
I am having the same exact issue with my ultra. Same stereo receiver. It's a piece of crap and could very well be contributing to the issues. I have had to disconnect the buttons on the front from the pcb because the vacuum tube amp heat made them fail.

ht-6500w

TV is

un55d6500vf

Trying to go directly to the TV and using optical out but I'm experiencing some weird audio delays

Please help Roku support
0 Kudos
chandranm
Level 7

I am having this issue with my Roku Premier plus
0 Kudos