Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julie1169
Level 7

STATIC AND FLASHING ON SCREEN WHEN POWERED ON.

When I power on my Roku it has static and lines on the screen but you can see the Roku menu in the background. If I unplug the device it corrects it. Im just tired of always having to unplug it before it will work properly.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: STATIC AND FLASHING ON SCREEN WHEN POWERED ON.

You didnt mention your Roku model # and firmware version: Settings/System/About

Try manually configuring your display:  Settings/Display type=1080p TV (or 720P)  - dont use Auto

0 Kudos
Travelgate
Level 8

This is so frustrating. And I can tell other people have the same frustrations I do with this.

I have a Roku ultra with a Vizio smart TV. I didn’t have this problem until fairly recently.

now it happens all the time.  I’ve tried rebooting my Roku, unplugging the TV for a couple minutes then plugging back in, reset from the beginning, and changed the advanced system settings to off.  How do enjoy the product when the screen flashes on and off continually.  Why does this happen and has Roku addressed the issue in a coherent manner?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Travelgate

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? When does this issue occur? Does this issue occur on your TV when you are not using the Roku device? Have you tried replacing the HDMI cable used to connect your Roku device as well as using another HDMI port on your TV?

With more detailed information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos