Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rockpowered
Reel Rookie

Re: SPDIF/Optical Audio drops out intermittently - TCL 6 Series (55R635)

Like you I'm using output for simple stereo through a soundbar. I've not noticed the distortion but it's probable that there is some. TBH don't want to mess around with this too much, I just want to watch the TV and am not going to waste time making support calls with TCL which to me seems like a hardware issue that they won't acknowledge.  I am disappointed, but now I know better and at least it mostly works

0 Kudos
chrisnoll

I have been struggling with this issue for several years since I purchased a Tcl model 65s405. Tcl's customer service had me switch to a different audio setting which initially fixed the issue. But sometimes when a new software update comes out the problem comes back. The setting I am using now is the "auto passthrough" setting and it appears to be working, but I won't be surprised if the problem comes back again after a future software update. I noticed that my dropouts occurred during abrupt changes in the video picture even sometimes when streaming with roku, but mostly with my cable box hdmi output.

0 Kudos
jkaplan

Same problem here. I noticed that it does NOT happen on the internal speakers; only on Optical Out, regardless of the sound output settting.

0 Kudos