Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SONY STRDN1080 receiver and Roku 4K stick compatibility

I tried to plug in my Roku 4K streaming stick into my SONY STRDN1080 receiver and during Autosetup it will not update picture to 4K 30 fps/60 fps.  Only can get up to 1080. This receiver is a 4K receiver. Is it a setting issue on my Sony receiver?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: SONY STRDN1080 receiver and Roku 4K stick compatibility

@kashafrasheed  Thanks for the note here. It's likely that a settings issue is what is causing this behavior. Have you spoken to Sony support yet to request additional help configuring your receiver?

You'll need to make sure that you have your Roku device connected to a HDCP 2.2 complaint HDMI port on the receiver, and that the receiver is also connected to an HDCP 2.2 capable HDMI port on the TV. You'll also need to ensure that you are using a high-speed, HDCP 2.2 compliant HDMI cable to connect your receiver to your TV. These are required for 4K HDR connections. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/230317588-why-is-hdcp-2-2-important-to-playing-4k-ultra-hd-or-hdr-c...

Your TV may also need settings adjustments to ensure that features related to 4K HDR content are enabled or turned on, such as HDR, HDMI Ultra-HD Deep Color, etc. depending on the brand of your TV. You may also want to follow up with your TV manufacturer to review the current capabilities of your TV, and get additional help configuring it accordingly. 

Alternately, you can also try connecting your Roku device directly to your TV, then connecting your TV to your receiver via an HDMI-ARC capable HDMI port. This setup can sometimes help avoid issues with video passthrough or formatting that can occur with some receivers. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/208754498-how-do-i-set-up-my-roku-streaming-player-for-surround-sou...

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos