Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
purplescreen
Channel Surfer

Rumble being blocked by roku

Jump to solution

All 3 of my roku boxes have in the last few months been kicking me off Rumble when I scroll through my subscriptions, back to the Roku home page. Did google buy Roku??? or what??? Use to work fine, now I have to reload Rumble several times, before it works. I don't need a player company trying to censor what I watch, is Youtube paying them to pull this **bleep**??? I quit watching Youtube because of their censorship of conservatives. If Roku is going to try and tell me which platform I have to watch, I'll buy someone elses box, and throw Roku in the trash.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Rumble being blocked by roku

Jump to solution

@Spartan_Warrior 

I believe the issue is with your Roku device, and not actually with Rumble.  The 3400 model is considered a "legacy device" and cannot be upgraded past OS 9.1.  Supported Roku models are currently on OS 11.5.

I just tested with Rumble with a Premiere+ 3921 that was on 10.0.0 (build 4209-91), and it would not load.  Just stuck on a white screen.  Rumble TV also failed to load.

Rumble will load and work fine on my other Roku devices that are at 11.5, so since not loading with 10.0, safe to assume will not work with 9.1.  Other channels/apps still loaded on my Premiere+.

I would say time to get yourself a new device capable of running the latest Roku OS if you wish to watch and use Rumble on Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
renojim

Jump to solution

If you're getting "kicked out" of a channel/app it's most likely the channel/app has a bug.  That's what happens when a channel/app has a bug - it crashes and goes back to the Roku Home Screen.  There's no conspiracy here, just bad programming.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@purplescreen 

As @renojim stated, it is a Rumble issue.  They are currently working on it but this behavior began a few months ago and hasn't been resolved so not sure how hard they are working on a fix.  It is a persistent bug.

Try to either scroll "very slowly" or if your subscription is at the bottom, use the Fast Forward button to scroll down quickly and then slowly head back up to your selection. (hope that makes sense).

Basically, it appears to be crashing when the side thumbnails are being loaded for a given subscription.  You can also try using RumbleTV, although it has been deprecated and will eventually be removed from Roku by Rumble.  It still crashes during the scrolling, but not as often. (https://channelstore.roku.com/details/458ecef80b412327152af7d77b343632/rumble-tv)  Build 14 and later of v.8.13 introduced something that seems to be responsible for this crashing.

You may also notice with Rumble that it stops streaming occassionally.  Sometimes 5 mins into a stream, other times 10 min (kind of random).  This is a server issue they are also supposedly working on as more people are discovering them and are currently upgrading. (or at least that is what I have been told).

You can also try Odysee (https://channelstore.roku.com/search/odysee) since alot of the Youtube creators also upload their content there. (also, like Rumble, no ads).  Odysee just created an official channel for Roku, so it needs some work as it is a little clumsy currently, but you should be able to find some of your creators there.

Spartan_Warrior
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I've installed the Rumble app and can open it but there's just a search option which I can't even use because nothing happens when I try to click on it. I'm using a Roku stick on my TV, do I need to upgrade the player? 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Spartan_Warrior,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are all other streaming channels playing content normally?

As a first step, you can try to get the latest channel version by checking for a channel update using your * button on the channel tile, or going to Settings for a System Update there. Then, restart your player. 

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Spartan_Warrior
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

My TV came with a Roku stick, and I'm able to stream all other channels. I added Rumble and can see the channel on my Home screen. I can click on it, and it opens Rumble but there's only a magnifying glass with search above it, and pressing any of the buttons doesn't do anything. Only option at that point is to hit return on the remote which takes me back to the home screen. 

0 Kudos
Spartan_Warrior
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Searching on my TV using the Roku stick I found another Rumble channel called Rumble TV. I get a progress bar that says retrieving venue edition, but it stops retrieving at less than a quarter of the way through. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Spartan_Warrior 

From within your Roku device, go to Settings/System/About.

What is the model number of the Roku and what is the Software Version being reported?

0 Kudos
Kellyannlu

Jump to solution

I’m missing have of my subscriptions on the Rumble tv app. The app on my phone is fine. Is this getting fixed bc it’s extremely frustrating 

Spartan_Warrior
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The model # is 3400X. Software version is 9.1.0. Build 5009-05

0 Kudos