Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roommate Cannot Cast Netflix

I can cast Netflix from my phone to my Roku.  However, any time my roommate tries, the Roku opens up Netflix but as my user and refuses to actually play anything.

Tried logging out of Netflix and having her re-cast, but then it just brings up the Netflix app at the login screen.  Obviously we are both logged into Netflix on our respective devices but the Roku isn't respecting those credentials. 

So what is the trick to actually having functional casting from multiple devices?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Roommate Cannot Cast Netflix

Netflix is probably very wary of piracy.

You should contact them directly and ask.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No this clearly isnt a Netflix problem.  Both myself and my roommate are correctly logged in to Netflix.  The issue is that Roku isnt respecting that and/or its requiring you to be logged in on the Roku *also*.   Does anyone know if that is true as well?  If so that would totally cripple the Roku's claim of being able to "cast"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Sorry you dont make sense.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The point is quite clear.   Hopefully someone who knows more about the issue will see it and respond.

0 Kudos